Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence And Verizon Wireless Come Together To Support Teen Dating Violence Education
DECATUR, Ga. and ALPHARETTA, Ga., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence (GCADV) and Verizon Wireless have teamed up to call attention to the signs of unhealthy relationships during Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month and beyond.
The U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that young people ages 12 to 19 experience the highest rates of relationship violence, abuse, and assault. An the state level, Georgia's 2010 Fatality Review showed that more than 52 percent of the victim cases reviewed began their relationships when they were between the ages of 16 and 24.
Because teen dating violence is a significant public health problem that should be addressed through early prevention and intervention efforts, Verizon Wireless and GCADV aim to educate Georgians on ways to identify teen dating violence and the resources available to help someone experiencing relationship abuse.
In its commitment to teen dating violence awareness and prevention efforts, GCADV offers the following important information:Forms of Dating ViolenceDating violence is often only seen through the physical lens; however, there are various forms of dating violence:
- Withdrawing from friends, family, or activities
- Changes in dress habits or behavior
- Bruises or injuries
- Supporting a friend's courage to ask for help
- Letting them know that what they are experiencing isn't their fault
- Knowing who to reach out to for assistance and safety
- Remember you have the right to be alone and spend time with friends and family without your partner getting angry
- Be mindful when using check-ins like Facebook Places and Foursquare
- Tell someone, such as a counselor or campus health official, if you are being harassed or physically harmed in your relationship.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV