Pennsylvania Governor Corbett's Budget Encourages Job Growth
By reducing taxes, lowering government barriers to job creation and supporting job placement and training for Pennsylvania's work force, Governor Corbett's proposed budget encourages businesses to move here, grow here and hire here in Pennsylvania.
"It simply makes sense that the less we tax, the more a business can re-invest. They can re-invest in new equipment and most of all new employees," Corbett said.
In addition to business tax reform, this year's proposed budget aims to add to the over 100,000 new private sector jobs created since Governor Corbett took office by:
- Implementing PA BIZ Online, an upgrade of the Open for Business website, to guide potential entrepreneurs in establishing new business in Pennsylvania.
- Expanding the Children's Specialized Services program to assist children who are blind or visually impaired, and their families, with federal vocational rehabilitation funding.
- Continuing the Project SEARCH program for young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities so they can transition from school to work.
- Implementing the comprehensive job matching system, providing employment data, including current and projected job openings, and eventually help employers find qualified candidates for their open positions.
- Creating recruitment hubs to help businesses find the skilled workers they need.
- Continuing to combine PA CareerLink and the Employment Advancement and Retention Network, eliminating duplication of services and better deliver employment and training services.
- Streamlining the workers' compensation system by improving care for injured workers and reducing medical costs for employers.
- Continuing support of Keystone Works, encouraging businesses to provide on-the-job training for new workers, while allowing workers to continue receiving benefits as they learn a new skill.
"We didn't create our success by raising taxes. We created it by expanding opportunities,'' Corbett said.C3 Controls is a Pennsylvania based company that manufactures a broad range of standard industrial control products. Launching 35 years ago from inside a Beaver County home, C3 Controls has expanded its product portfolio to now include over twenty lines of electrical controls products. For more information, visit www.pa.gov. Media contact: Kelli Roberts, 717-783-1116 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV