NORFOLK, Va., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Martin H. Nesbitt and John R. Thompson have been elected directors of Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC), effective Feb. 18, 2013, Chairman and CEO Wick Moorman announced today.
Nesbitt, 50, of Chicago, is co-founder of The Vistria Group, a private equity firm. Nesbitt served as president and chief executive officer of PRG Parking Management LLC, an airport parking management company, and managing director of Green Courte Partners LLC, a real estate investment firm, until 2012.
Nesbitt is a director of Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. and trustee of Chicago's Museum of Contemporary Art. He is a former member of The University of Chicago Laboratory School Board, former chairman of the board of the Chicago Housing Authority, and a former board member of the Chicago 2016 Olympic Committee. Nesbitt served as national treasurer of President Obama's 2012 and 2008 presidential campaigns.Thompson, 61, of Minnetrista, Minn., has been a government relations consultant for Best Buy Company Inc., a multinational consumer electronics corporation, since October 2012, having served as senior vice president and general manager of BestBuy.com from 2002 through 2012. He joined the company in 2001 as its senior vice president for supply chain and business systems. Thompson served as chief information officer and senior vice president for customer service, information systems, distribution logistics, and e-business at Liz Claiborne Inc. and as chief information officer and executive vice president of Goody's Family Clothing Inc. He is a director of Belk Inc. and a board member of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Cristo Rey Jesuit High Schools Network, and the advisory board of BRAG (Black Retail Action Group). He formerly served on the board of Wendy's International Inc. and Urban Ventures Leadership Foundation, and as a trustee of the Walker Art Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV