Maximizing The Potential Of Mature Brands With Key Lifecycle Management Strategies Tailored To The Pharmaceutical Industry
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With expiring patents and thin pipelines, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly focused on lifecycle management (LCM) to make the most of each brand at every stage of its life, including the somewhat neglected back end. In this context, brand executives are exploring strategies and corporate structures that are most effective for extending the commercial life of a mature product.
To help guide lifecycle management decisions, research and consulting leader Best Practices, LLC conducted a research study to examine the effectiveness of 20 key lifecycle management strategies for extending the commercial life of mature pharmaceutical therapies. The study evaluates each strategy by asking: How long do they take to implement, how much do they cost and how much will they return?
An example of one of the many insights in this study: Benchmark partners believe strategic pricing strategies most often cost less than any of the others probed in the study. Two-thirds who used this strategy found the cost was less than $1 Million ($US) compared with only 50 percent for re-positioning, which was the next cheapest strategy. Moving into emerging markets costs over $10 million, according to 40 percent of participants.
" Lifecycle Management Excellence: High-Performing Strategies Used to Maximize Potential of Mature Brands" will help biopharmaceutical companies more effectively conduct the many activities related to lifecycle management.The report addresses three over-arching issues that are integral to lifecycle management:
- Success rates & ROI of different strategies that leading companies have used to maximize mature-brand value.
- Relative cost, time, complexity, & regulatory barriers encountered with using each strategy.
- An overview of the operation, expenses, responsibilities & business impact of dedicated mature brand (MB) groups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV