MORRISTOWN, N.J., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- After successfully inspecting and trimming trees along nearly 4,000 miles of lines across its system in 2012, Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) has begun work on its $24 million 2013 vegetation management program.
In January, 410 circuit miles serving Berkeley Township, and Lakewood in Ocean County; Long Branch in Monmouth County; and Parsippany and Dover in Morris County were completed. Work in February includes more than 300 miles in the following counties and municipalities:
- Hunterdon – Asbury, Bloomsbury, Flemington, Readington, Stockton
- Middlesex – Englishtown, Jamesburg, Old Bridge, Monroe, Spotswood, and Sayreville
- Monmouth – Asbury Park, Deal, Eatontown, Long Branch, Monmouth Beach, Ocean, Sea Bright, Tinton Falls and West Long Branch
- Morris – Chatham, Chester, Dover, Flanders, Kenvil, Lincoln Park, Mendham, Mine Hill, Montville, Morristown, Oak Ridge, Pompton Plains, Randolph, Riverdale, Rockaway and Succasunna
- Ocean – Brick, Lakewood
- Passaic – West Milford
- Somerset – Bernardsville, Peapack- Gladstone
- Sussex – Franklin, Hamburg, Stockholm
- Union – Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Summit
- Warren – Blairstown
"The vegetation management program is an important component of our annual investment in infrastructure to deliver reliable service to customers," said Don Lynch, JCP&L president. "The severe weather events that our region has experienced over the past few years have heightened everyone's awareness about how trees impact electric infrastructure and the potential dangerous conditions that can result when trees and power lines touch."
All vegetation management work is conducted by JCP&L's certified forestry contractors including Aspen Tree Service, Asplundh Tree Expert Company, Jaflo Inc., Lewis Tree Service Inc., and Nelson Tree Service Inc.To help maintain safe and reliable electric service, JCP&L regularly trims trees and conducts vegetation management work along its electric distribution lines on a four year cycle. The company's certified forestry experts inspect vegetation near the lines and make every effort to prune trees in a manner that preserves the health of the tree, while also maintaining safety near electric facilities. When necessary, trees that present a danger or are diseased will be removed.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts