NEW YORK, Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Town Sports International (Nasdaq: CLUB), the owner and operator of New York Sports Clubs, and West End Sports Club are pleased to announce that they have entered into an agreement for Town Sports International to acquire assets of the relating to the 63 rd & West End Avenue health and fitness club. The transaction is subject to various closing conditions, and the parties expect the transaction to be completed in March 2013.
Upon closing the transaction, additional information regarding this club will be available on MySportsClubs.com.
Bob Giardina, Chief Executive Officer of Town Sports International, commented: "This club adds a strong presence to our already solid footprint on the Upper West Side. Not only is this a full service health and fitness club, but gives us our first 75-foot indoor lap pool in Manhattan."
Michael Ross, Ph.D., President of West End Sports Club, states: "West End Sports Club is very pleased to have reached an agreement with New York Sports Clubs to become part of their network of health clubs. This is an exciting time for West End Sports Club. The brand recognition that New York Sports Clubs has cultivated within the industry will make the membership experience commensurate with the top fitness and sports clubs within New York City."About Town Sports International New York-based Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. is a leading owner and operator of fitness clubs in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States and, through its subsidiaries, operated 160 fitness clubs as of December 31, 2012, comprising 108 New York Sports Clubs, 25 Boston Sports Clubs, 18 Washington Sports Clubs (two of which are partly-owned), six Philadelphia Sports Clubs, and three clubs located in Switzerland. These clubs collectively served approximately 510,000 members. SOURCE Town Sports International
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV