Feb. 15, 2013
ir Transport World®,
the leading source of news, information and insight to the global commercial air transport industry, today announced the selection of
All Nippon Airways
(9202:JP) as its Airline of the Year for 2013 as part of the
Airline Industry Achievement Awards.
-based ANA is being honored for its exceptional financial performance, fiscal management, customer service and technology leadership that set the bar for the entire global airline industry.
Airline Achievement Awards winners also include former Lufthansa CEO and Star Alliance founder
(Joseph S. Murphy Lifetime Achievement Award); Spanish low-cost carrier
(Value Airline of the Year);
(Regional Airline of the Year); German flagship
(Airline Technology Leadership);
Royal Dutch Airlines
(Airline Market Leadership); and
's Airline of the Year award, a carrier must demonstrate excellence and outstanding performance across the board.
editors look for superb innovation and leadership by executive management; strong financial discipline; a consistent and excellent safety record; proven leadership in community, eco and technology endeavors; and consistent high standards of customer service. ANA has achieved this despite a fiercely competitive home market, devastating natural disasters and political spats that have further hurt the marketplace.
"When you put in the kind of financial reports that ANA consistently posted through 2012 and provide excellent customer service despite a challenging market, that's the signature of a first-rate airline," said
- Dr. Weber is being honored for a remarkable career in which he transformed German airline Lufthansa into one of the world's most successful and highly-respected Group carriers. He also is a recognized industry game-changer, creating the world's first global alliance, the Star Alliance, which now boasts 27 member airlines.
- Vueling has shaken up the European airline scene with its combination of low-cost discipline and full-service, high-quality customer products.
- Silver Airways has radically rejuvenated the US regional airline scene with its adoption of comfortable and fuel-efficient Saab 340Bplus aircraft and rapid expansion to become Florida's largest carrier in terms of intra-state services.
- Lufthansa was selected for its technology leadership in pioneering eco-aviation research programs as well for as its aircraft modernization program that will give it one of the most efficient fleets in the business; Lufthansa was launch customer for the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and for the Bombardier CSeries.
- KLM is awarded for its approach to making social media tools integral to its entire business and for programs such as its Meet & Seat program that allows passengers to connect ahead of their flights.
- CTT's innovative de-humidification products, Zonal Drying System and Cair, improve profitability and flight safety as well as enhance comfort for passengers and cabin personnel.
The awards will be presented at a Gala Presentation Dinner on the evening of
March 26, 2013
at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in
About Air Transport World
Air Transport World
) is the leading monthly magazine serving the airline and commercial aircraft manufacturing and support industries. Its awards program was launched in 1974.
is a Penton Aviation business.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We
our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then
this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at
Penton is a privately held company owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.