Statement By The Honourable James Moore, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Occasion Of National Flag Of Canada Day
OTTAWA, Feb. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - Forty-eight years ago today, the National Flag of Canada was first raised on Parliament Hill, in communities across the country, and in Canadian missions around the world. This powerful source of inspiration, hope and pride is recognized the world over as a symbol of Canada's history, heritage, values and traditions.
National Flag of Canada Day provides us with a unique opportunity to reflect on what it means to be Canadian, and to acknowledge the people, accomplishments, history, institutions and values that have helped shape our national identity. As we approach Canada's 150 th birthday in 2017, let us continue to celebrate all the things that make Canada the united, strong and free country in which we live today.
Our Government is proud to observe National Flag of Canada Day and to honour all those who have borne the Canadian flag and represented our nation around the world.
On behalf of Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Government of Canada, I invite all Canadians to visit www.canada.gc.ca/flagday to learn more about this powerful symbol of our country, which inspires pride in our past and confidence in our future. I also invite you to take a few moments to watch the new Flag Day video and see what the Canadian flag means to some of our public figures.SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV