3 Stocks Pushing The Transportation Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) is down $0.70 (-1.0%) to $71.27 on light volume Thus far, 938,452 shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $71.15-$71.85 after having opened the day at $71.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.97. Norfolk Southern Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the United States. Norfolk Southern Corporation has a market cap of $22.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 16.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Norfolk Southern Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the transportation industry could consider iShares Dow Jones Transportation ( IYT) while those bearish on the transportation industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Industrials ( SIJ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts