Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission Invites Nominations For Montgomery County Civil Rights Awards
HARRISBURG, Pa., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission invites nominations of Montgomery County residents who have been influential in advancing civil rights, equal opportunity, intergroup relations or human dignity.
Nominees will be considered for the commission's Montgomery County Advisory Council 2013 Joseph X. Yaffe-Robert Johnson Smith Civil Rights Awards.
"There are courageous people in our communities who are voices for equal opportunity, tolerance and civility," Executive Director JoAnn Edwards said. "This year's awards program recognizes those who speak and act to ensure the rights of others, regardless of their differences."
Award categories will include Law Enforcement, Equal Opportunity Advocacy, Education, Community Service, K-12 Student Service, Ethnic Harmony/Interfaith Understanding and Lifetime Achievement.The awards are named for two prominent Montgomery County civil rights leaders and a former Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission chairman. The Homer C. Floyd Lifetime Achievement Award was named in honor of the commission's former executive director who held that position for 41 years. Awards have been made since 1983 by the commission's Montgomery County Advisory Council. The volunteer organization works to extend the reach of the commission in promoting equal opportunity and educating county residents about their civil rights and legal responsibilities. The council is currently headed by Andrea Lawful-Trainer of Glenside. Honorees will be recognized at a May 23 luncheon in Abington, Montgomery County. The deadline for submitting nominations is March 31. Nomination forms and submission instructions can be found online at www.phrc.state.pa.us. Media contact: Shannon Powers, 717-783-8266 SOURCE Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV