AVX Corporation, a leading manufacturer of advanced passive components and interconnect solutions, announced today that it has not been affected by the mineral thefts that have taken place in and around the Tanzanian port city of Dar es Salaam, which are reportedly impacting the global supply of tantalite.
“AVX has a longstanding policy of maintaining considerable stocks of validated conflict-free raw tantalum materials to ensure that occasional disruptions in the tantalum supply chain, like this one, have zero impact on our customers,” said Pete Venuto, Vice President of Sales at AVX.
AVX’s Solutions for Hope project, established in July 2011, works with leading OEMs, including Motorola Solutions, Intel, and HP, to maintain a validated “closed-pipe” process for sourcing conflict-free tantalum material from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in accordance with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) due diligence guidelines, the independently-validated Electronic Industry Code of Conduct (EICC), and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) Conflict-Free Smelter (CFS) program.
For more information about AVX, please visit www.avx.com, call 864-967-2150, or write to One AVX Boulevard, Fountain Inn, S.C. 29644. For more information about the Solutions for Hope project, please visit http://solutions-network.org/site-solutionsforhope/.About AVX AVX Corporation is a leading international supplier of electronic passive components and interconnect solutions with 24 manufacturing and customer support facilities in 15 countries around the world. AVX offers a broad range of devices including capacitors, resistors, filters, timing and circuit protection devices and connectors. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:AVX).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV