Gold for April delivery sank $26 to settle at $1,609.50 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price traded as high as $1,636 and as low as $1,596.70, while the spot price was plunging $28.20, according to Kitco's gold index.
Gold prices during Friday's session were touching their lowest levels since a close at $1,590.70 an ounce on Aug. 2, when the precious metal continued to flounder from a lack of central bank action on monetary easing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV