FOX News Channel (FNC) has hired former Republican presidential candidate, businessman, author and columnist Herman Cain as a contributor, announced Bill Shine, Executive Vice President of Programming. Cain will provide analysis and commentary across FNC’s daytime and primetime programming, as well as on FOX Business Network (FBN).
In making the announcement, Shine said, “Cain’s impressive resume makes him a valuable addition to the FOX News and FOX Business lineup. As a political expert with business savvy, he brings an important voice to the nation’s debates.”
Most recently, Cain was a candidate for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, where he notably proposed the “9-9-9” tax plan to solve the nation’s debt problem. Prior to that, Cain served as a conservative radio host, columnist and author. His involvement in politics began in 2000 when he briefly was a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination and then later ran for the U.S. Senate in 2004 in Georgia.
Cain added, “I'm excited about joining the FOX family as a contributor because it is an opportunity to be one more voice for intelligent thinking in America."Before politics, Cain led a successful career as a businessman. He was CEO of the National Restaurant Association from 1996 to 1999 and President and CEO of Godfather’s Pizza from 1986 to 1996 where he saved the business from the brink of bankruptcy. Additionally, Cain held several high-level positions at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Pillsbury and the Coca-Cola Company. He earned an undergraduate degree from Morehouse College and a Master’s degree from Purdue University while serving in the U.S. Navy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV