NEW YORK, Feb. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today announced that the trading of the common stock of Xoom Corporation (Nasdaq:XOOM),a leader and pioneer in the consumer-to-consumer international money transfer industry, commenced on the NASDAQ Global Market on Friday, February 15, 2013. Xoom will trade under the ticker symbol XOOM.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17199
Xoom is a pioneer and leader in the online consumer-to-consumer international money transfer industry. Through extensive partnerships with major banks and leading retailers, Xoom has created a global disbursement network stretching across 30 countries and delivers high-quality service through regionally-recognized, trusted brands. Xoom technology enables easy-to-use online and mobile sender interfaces, effective risk management and seamless integration with their disbursement partners' systems. Since January 2008, $6.6 billion dollars has been sent using the company's platform."Xoom has redefined the online and mobile payment industries and has made it convenient, fast and cost-effective for customers to transfer money around the globe," said Bob McCooey, Senior Vice President, NASDAQ OMX Corporate Client Group. "NASDAQ is proud to welcome the world's greatest innovators to our markets, and we look forward to supporting Xoom and its shareholders in its endeavors as a publicly listed company." Since its inception, NASDAQ has consistently been the exchange of choice for innovative and progressive information technology companies like Xoom. In total, NASDAQ is home to 75% of all info tech companies listed on US exchanges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV