HOPKINTON, Mass., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC Isilon is the only vendor to receive the highest rating of "outstanding" in Gartner's product viability analysis.
- Gartner's report compares nine scale-out file system storage vendors against nine critical capabilities for Big Data infrastructure.
- Vendors were evaluated on three use cases: Commercial HPC, Large Home Directories and Backup and Archiving.
- EMC Isilon scale-out NAS was evaluated for capacity, management, resiliency and scalability, as well as new enterprise-grade features and performance within the use cases.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that its EMC® Isilon® product has been recognized with an overall product viability rating of "outstanding" by Gartner, Inc. in its new "Critical Capabilities for Scale-Out File System Storage" report (1). The rating was given to EMC Isilon based on its ability to provide capacity, management, resiliency and scalability within its products, as well as its rating in the designated use cases of Commercial HPC, Large Home Directories and Backup and Archiving.
The report evaluates nine vendors, including EMC Isilon, against nine critical capabilities: capacity, efficiency, interoperability, manageability, performance, resiliency, security, applicability for infrequently accessed data and applicability for production data. This multidimensional focus highlights the key areas customers must evaluate when considering scale-out options, and marks the most important capabilities for handling Big Data.As large-scale file-based data grows unchecked, and enterprises in industries such as oil and gas, life sciences and media and entertainment rely on this data to move business forward, scale-out NAS is an increasingly critical asset for ensuring that data is accessible even as the volume explodes. EMC Isilon, known for immense scalability and ease of management, continues to lead the market due to high performing, resilient solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV