Subaru "Share The Love" Donations Reach $25 Million
CHERRY HILL, N.J., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc. today announced it has donated $25 million to nonprofits over the past five years through its signature "Share the Love" event. During the "Share the Love" event held at the end of each year, Subaru donates $250 for every new Subaru vehicle sold or leased. Customers who purchase or lease a vehicle during that period select one of five charities to receive the donation. The fifth-annual "Share the Love" event will deliver donations to following charities:
- Alzheimer's Association®
- The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®)
- Meals On Wheels Association of America®
The charitable contributions from "Share the Love" have funded a diverse range of projects including wish-granting, meal delivery to senior citizens, animal health services, Alzheimer's research, and support for military members and their families.
"We are honored to be able to support both our owners' passions and the work of these amazing organizations," said Subaru Chief Marketing Officer Dean Evans. "'Share the Love' is a very special event and Subaru is proud to have donated $25 million over the last five years."In addition to the 2012 "Share the Love" partners, Subaru owners have also delivered support to the following organization in prior years: the Boys & Girls Club, Habitat for Humanity, National Wildlife Federation, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Ocean conservancy, American Forests and Special Olympics.
About Subaru of America, Inc. Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of more than 600 dealers across the United States. All Subaru products are manufactured in zero-landfill production plants and Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. is the only U.S. automobile production plant to be designated a backyard wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. For additional information visit www.subaru.com. Media can visit www.media.subaru.com Michael McHale Subaru of America, Inc. 856-488-3326 email@example.com Sheriece Matias Subaru of America, Inc. 410-972-9177 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Subaru of America, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV