Study 011: Stage 1 (Baseline to Month 6) Updated Data Highlights at LDN WORLD Symposium:
- Post-Hoc Subgroup Analysis of Primary Endpoint (modified intent-to-treat (mITT), n=60): in a post-hoc sub-group analysis, patients with a higher baseline disease burden (0.3 inclusions or more per interstitial capillary, n=25) were compared to those with a lower baseline disease burden (0.3 or fewer inclusions per interstitial capillary, n=35). In the 25 patients (14 males and 11 females) with higher baseline disease burden, 7/11 (64%) on migalastat HCl and 2/14 (14%) on placebo were classified as responders. Among the 35 patients (8 males and 27 females) with lower baseline disease burden, 6/19 (32%) on migalastat HCl and 7/16 (44%) on placebo were classified as responders.
- Urine GL-3: The observed median reduction in urine GL-3 from baseline was 17% for placebo and 12% for migalastat. However due to unexpected variability in the pre-treatment urine GL-3 data (>1.6 fold difference between values at screening and baseline), any potential treatment effects on urine GL-3 cannot be determined.
- Renal Function from Baseline to Month 6: Renal function remained stable and changes from baseline were similar in both treatment groups during stage 1. Themean (SD) increase in estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) was 2.7 (15.1) mL/min/1.73m 2 in the migalastat HCl group compared to a mean decrease of 2.4 (10.8) mL/min/1.73m 2 in the placebo group. No clinically meaningful changes in proteinuria were observed, and iohexol GFR data are currently being analyzed.
- Safety: During the first 6 months, no drug-related serious adverse events have been observed. No subjects discontinued migalastat HCl therapy due to a treatment emergent adverse event and the majority of adverse events in both treatment groups were mild in nature.
John F. Crowley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amicus, stated, "The 6-month results presented today at the WORLD Symposium support our commitment to the ongoing development of migalastat HCl monotherapy. We look forward to reporting the 12-month results from this study to add to the entirety of the data that the FDA has indicated would support a potential U.S. conditional approval."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV