Pennsylvania Governor Corbett Presents Civil War 150th Anniversary Program To Allegheny County Middle School Students
ALLISON PARK, Pa., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett today visited the Hampton Middle School in the Hampton Township School District to talk about Pennsylvania's important role during the Civil War.
" Pennsylvania has a rich and fascinating history that has been integral to the success of this nation,'' Corbett said. "As we commemorate the 150 th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and President Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, it's essential for our children to know this chapter of our heritage.''
Corbett, who at one time taught ninth-grade history, is visiting middle schools this year to talk about the Civil War as he travels throughout the state.
Part of the governor's presentation included an invitation for the students to participate in a contest, asking them to write an essay, the same length as Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, on the topic of what makes Pennsylvania great.During his visit to the middle school, Corbett also talked with educators and local school officials. Corbett was also joined by Sen. Randy Vulackovich, (R–Allegheny); and Rep. Hal English (R- Allegheny). For more information, visit www.pa.gov. Media contact: Janet Kelley, 717-783-1116 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV