KELOWNA, British Columbia, Feb. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DayStar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:DSTI) announces completion of its first acquisition from Avatar Solar of a Hawaiian solar park. The Company's agreement with Avatar is to acquire all its operational solar parks throughout the State of Hawaii. DayStar paid cash and common shares issued at $2.00 for this solar park.
Lorne Roseborough, DayStar's President, stated, "This is the first completed transaction in DayStar's strategy to acquire fully operational projects. We are looking at geographical regions where we plan to expand services to build and operate projects as a solar power provider, very similar to companies like SolarCity. The big difference is that DayStar is actively looking to own and operate projects long-term, and has plans to change how renewable energy is provided long-term with our investment in Premier Global.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV