- USDA Biobased Market Programs: Forest industry products do not receive the Biopreferred Label even though they are nearly 100 percent biobased fiber content, while competitors' products can be as little as 25 percent and receive the Biopreferred Label. This gives preference to foreign competition, while excluding the mature U.S. forest products industry.
- Biomass/Renewable Energy: The forest products industry has always sought to use the "whole tree." Fibers from the tree are used to manufacture high-value pulp and paper products. The waste byproducts are used to create energy through co-generation. Free markets, not government mandates and incentives, should determine the highest value use of wood.
- Cumulative Regulatory Burden: EPA should examine the sustainability of its regulatory program to embrace a balanced approach so costly air and other regulations will protect the public's health while preserving family wage manufacturing jobs. Numerous pending regulations could cost tens of thousands of American manufacturing jobs and billions in capital expenditures.
- Clean Water: The Clean Water Act and its implementing regulations are one of our nation's most successful and wide-ranging environmental programs. The program regulates pollution at its source and involves a comprehensive federal and state regulatory system for issuance of permits and water quality standards. Issuing the administration's Draft Jurisdictional Guidance or regulations based on that guidance would radically impact the original intent of the Clean Water Act and would be detrimental to American manufacturing.
- Forest Roads: The PPRC supports legislation to preserve the treatment of forest roads as non-point sources under the Clean Water Act.
- Truck Weights: The PPRC supports legislation to allow states to increase the weight limit on trucks traveling on interstate highways.
Forest Products Employees Hit Capitol Hill To Share Local Impacts Of Legislation And Regulations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts