- The report about basic science research reveals extensive new revelations about what triggers autoimmune disease, in which some people's immune systems begin to attack their own cells. In rheumatologic disorders, the result is inflammation in the joints, pain, and disability.
- Clinical studies highlighted in the report include evidence of effectiveness for new treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, for a juvenile form of arthritis, and for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Among many other advances, there is solid new information about whether or not to continue treatment when a patient with SLE goes into remission and stops experiencing symptoms.
Musculoskeletal Network Highlights The Top Advances In Rheumatology For 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.