SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) (Nasdaq:AOSL), a designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of power semiconductors and power ICs, today introduced the AOTF11C60 and AOTF20C60, 600V MOSFETs with AlphaMOS™ II technology. The AlphaMOS II (a patent pending proprietary structure and process) combines planar-like robustness and controlled switching characteristics with the low on-resistance performance of super-junction type devices. The AOTF11C60 and AOTF20C60 are ideally suited for high-voltage applications where reliability and performance are critical. Such applications include server, telecom and networking power supplies, uninterruptable power supplies, solar inverters, industrial motor control systems, and LED lighting.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17196
AOS's new AlphaMOS II technology offers a simplified manufacturing process without compromising the core performance of the MOSFET. The AOTF11C60 and AOTF20C60 offer significant improvement in UIS capability over super-junction. Additionally the new family has been optimized for low noise operation and high efficiency by fine tuning the switching parameters. Their low R DS(ON), C iss and C rss, make the new MOSFETs perfectly suited for designs that require high efficiency, robustness and reliability."As efficiency and reliability becomes more and more critical, power designers need high voltage MOSFETs which can withstand reverse recovery current spikes and can also reduce switching and conduction losses. With their unique structure, the new AlphaMOS II products help designers achieve all that in a more robust solution," said Yalcin Bulut, Vice President of Discrete Product Lines at AOS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV