Medbox CEO Gives Testimony To DPH Regarding Program Implementation In Massachusetts
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medbox, Inc. (OTC Markets: MDBX) ( www.medboxinc.com), announced that their CEO, Dr. Bruce Bedrick, gave testimony earlier in the week to the Department of Public Health in support of sensible regulations and overall implementation of the medical marijuana program in Massachusetts.
Dr. Bedrick was one of the first few speakers Wednesday in Worcester and gave testimony, in a standing room only crowd, directly to the DPH whom is charged with implementing the rules and procedures governing the Massachusetts medical marijuana program. Dr. Bedrick proposed easy and convenient access for patients to receive their medicine, but also suggested strict regulatory oversight to prevent abuse and diversion. Massachusetts will only be authorizing a total of 35 dispensaries licenses for the entire state and it is believed that the licensing of the facilities will be finalized by the end of this year.
The CEO was then off to Colorado Thursday where he presented the Amendment 64 advisory panel with an overview of the Medbox technology and how it would be used in Colorado to track taxation, limit abuse, and control inventory more effectively. The appearance in Colorado coincides with a news story on Fox News Denver (KDVR) that is set to air Wednesday February 20 th at 9pm central that prominently features the Medbox technology and has interviews with Dr. Bedrick and an operator that utilizes the Medbox equipment in her dispensary to manage day-to-day operations.
"We are thrilled that regulatory agencies around the country are allowing us to speak with them on how to create a safe, compliant, and transparent model for operation," stated Dr. Bedrick. "Medbox prides itself on being an industry leader and an integral part of the solution and never part of the problem."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV