Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corporation Provides Update On Efforts To Improve Its Capital Structure
Orchard Supply Hardware Stores Corporation (Nasdaq:OSH), a neighborhood hardware and garden store focused on paint, repair and the backyard, today provided an update on the Company’s efforts to refinance or modify its Term Loan debt and otherwise work to improve its capital structure. Additionally, Orchard provided an update on select preliminary fourth quarter fiscal 2012 financial performance and reiterated the Company’s commitment to its repositioning strategy, including opening new and renovating existing stores. The Company’s updates include the following:
- On February 11, 2013, we expanded our existing Senior Secured Credit Facility with Wells Fargo Capital Finance and Bank of America, N.A., increasing total borrowing capacity to $145.0 million through the addition of a $17.5 million last-in-last-out supplemental term loan tranche.
- As of February 12, 2013, we had cash and available credit of $40.0 million, including $32.0 million available to borrow on the Senior Secured Credit Facility. This liquidity will be used for general working capital purposes, including paying vendors in the ordinary course of business as part of the Company’s customary spring inventory build-up.
- On February 14, 2013, we obtained a waiver from our current Term Loan lenders related to compliance with the leverage ratio covenant for the fiscal quarter ended February 2, 2013, and the fiscal quarter ending May 4, 2013, which means that the next applicable measurement date for the leverage covenant is August 3, 2013, subject to the Company’s continued compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in the waiver.
- We continue to work with Moelis & Co. toward the refinancing or modification of our Senior Secured Term Loan to achieve an outcome that is in the best interests of the Company and all of its stakeholders. In addition to seeking an agreement with our Term Loan holders to refinance or modify the Senior Secured Term Loan, we continue to explore several actions designed to restructure our balance sheet for a sustainable capital structure, including seeking new long term debt and/or equity.
- As previously reported, since October 2011, we have generated proceeds and secured tenant improvement allowances through multiple sale-leaseback transactions and have reduced term loan debt by more than $90 million.
- Preliminary net sales for the fourth quarter ended February 2, 2013 (14 weeks) were $153.4 million compared to net sales of $141.6 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 (13 weeks), and preliminary net sales for fiscal 2012 (53 weeks) were $657.6 million compared to net sales of $660.5 million in fiscal 2011 (52 weeks). The additional week in the fiscal 2012 periods contributed net sales of approximately $9.5 million. Comparable store sales (1) for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 increased 1.6% on a 13-week to 13-week basis, and for fiscal 2012 were essentially flat, decreasing 0.2%, on a 52-week to 52-week basis. Sales growth at the Company’s newly remodeled locations continued to outpace the balance of its stores. While the Company continued to experience merchandise margin pressure in the fourth quarter, merchandise margin improved sequentially over the course of the quarter. The Company expects to report final fiscal 2012 financial results in late April.
Mark Baker, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “As we begin 2013, we remain committed to our repositioning strategy. We have taken a number of steps in the past year to drive long-term improvement in Orchard’s operating results and to strengthen our financial position. We are very pleased to have expanded our credit facility, as planned, and improved our financial flexibility, both of which provide additional liquidity as we enter our peak spring selling season. We are gratified by the ongoing support of our lenders as we continue our work with Moelis & Co. and our financial partners to achieve a sustainable capital structure that will best position the Company for long-term success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV