The U.S. Coast Guard awarded CSC (NYSE: CSC) and 11 other companies a portion of its $11 billion contract to provide support services for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Under the terms of the agreement, CSC will compete for task orders to provide acquisition program management support for design, development, utilization and other activities for assets, processes and systems that are being acquired by the DHS agencies using these contracts. This includes such support services as ship and ship system design and engineering; enterprise architecture; information systems; modeling and simulation; enterprise resource management; quality assurance; research and development; and systems engineering.
The multiple-award, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract, signed in the third quarter of CSC fiscal year 2013, is in Domain 1, Track 1 of the Technical, Acquisition and Business Support Services (TABSS) contract for program management, engineering and technology support services. The contract has a maximum value of $11 billion for all TABSS domains and tracks.
“Leveraging our nearly 10-year partnership with DHS, CSC will bring a wide range of domain knowledge, mission expertise, IT best practices and next-generation capabilities to TABSS,” said Pat Schambach, vice president and general manager of CSC’s Homeland Security and Foreign Affairs Group. “Through this contract, we will provide DHS with proven support services needed to assist with the Department’s cross-organizational mission of protecting the homeland, deterring crime and detecting and countering terrorism while also helping DHS improve IT cost effectiveness.”About CSC For more information, please visit CSC’s company profile. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for CSC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV