On Thursday documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission revealed that former RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie sold his stake in the company. At the end of 2011, Balsillie had held 5.1% of RIM's shares, according to media reports.
Shares of the Canadian handset maker, which gained 7.72% during Thursday's session, rose 2.52% to $15.45 in pre-market trading on Friday. BlackBerry was also the most active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 361,168.
Social gamer Zynga (ZNGA) was a winner before market open, rising 2.15% to $3.32 on share volume of 186,056.Business intelligence specialist Qlik Technologies (QLIK) was an even bigger gainer, rising 18.63% to $27 following better-than-expected fourth-quarter results, boosted by strong software license revenue. Shares of remote access specialist LogMeIn (LOGM), however, tumbled 25.44% to $17.64 after delivering tepid guidance with its fourth-quarter results on Thursday. Vodafone (VOD) shares rose 0.81% to $26.26, while Facebook's (FB) stock gained 0.25% to reach $28.57. Apple (AAPL)shares, which closed down 0.09% on Thursday, rose 0.44% to $468.64 on Friday. On Thursday the latest 13F filings revealed that investing giants David Einhorn and George Soros increased their stakes in Apple. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV