Is Dividend Investing The Way Forward?
"Backward-looking screens and passive strategies can help, but can also leave investors exposed to risk and potentially to underperformance. I think the best way to seek stock dividends is a forward-looking strategy focused on finding future dividend growth,” said Scott Offen, co-manager of Fidelity Equity Dividend Income.
In a market where a number of much-hyped oil and gas plays are not living up to initial expectations, and where capital is proving more difficult to come by, investors need to be certain that their money is aimed at companies that are able to expand operations even as they give money back to shareholders through regular dividend payouts.
Securities Disclosure: I, Adam Currie, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.Related reading: The Ins and Outs of Dividend-paying Mining Stocks Is Dividend Investing the Way Forward? from Gas Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV