BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Feb. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass today announced the introduction of its NBA-branded online account, NBA Banking, which leverages the bank's digital platforms to expand beyond its geographic footprint and capitalizes on its role as the official bank of the NBA in the U.S. to reach fans and customers nationwide.
BBVA Compass also said it is signing two of the NBA's biggest stars — All-Stars Kevin Durant and James Harden — to global, multiyear deals as brand ambassadors for the bank. Durant and Harden will be featured in themed advertising that will tip off during NBA All-Star 2013 in Houston and run through the end of the NBA season.
BBVA Compass will simultaneously launch a hashtag (#Realfan) encouraging fans to post photos to Instagram and Twitter to display their "fandom" and promote the bank's first national product.The NBA Checking and Savings accounts are the first products built on the bank's new core technology system, which provides the integration required to support a wholly digital banking product. "Consumers want the same convenience in banking they find in other industries, and that's exactly what this new account offers: banking anywhere, anytime and using a device they choose," said Manolo Sanchez, president and CEO of BBVA Compass. "But what truly sets it apart is that the experience is as much about the NBA as it is about banking." NBA Banking accounts must be opened online and can be maintained online or with a smartphone using the bank's mobile app, which allows eligible users to upload a photo of a check to make a deposit. Combined with access to the nationwide surcharge-free Allpoint® ATM network, NBA Banking allows customers to conduct almost any banking transaction without visiting a branch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV