CapLease Announces Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2012 Results
CapLease, Inc. (NYSE: LSE), a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on owning and managing single-tenant commercial real estate properties, today announced its results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. Net loss to common stockholders for 2012 was $(11.7) million, and funds from operations, or FFO, as adjusted for items affecting comparability, was $42.0 million.
- FFO of $0.62 Per Share As Adjusted for Comparability Reaches High End of Guidance
- Investment Activity for 2012 Approximates $190 Million
- Extended 1.9 Million Square Feet of Maturing Leases
- Repurchased or Extended $152 Million of Maturing Debt
- Raised $110 Million of New Common and Preferred Equity
- Common Dividend Increased 15%
Paul McDowell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We made strong progress on our business plan during 2012. We continued to build acquisition momentum with the addition of about $190 million of new property acquisitions comprising 1.2 million square feet while aggressively managing our portfolio by extending lease maturities and maturing debt obligations. The progress we made allowed us to significantly increase the cash dividend on our common stock and positions us well for further growth in 2013 and beyond.”
Full Year 2012 Results:
|For the Twelve Months Ended December 31,|
|(Amounts in thousands, except per share amounts)||2012||2011|
|Funds from operations||$||52,341||$||56,260|
|Items that affect comparability (income) expense:|
|Gain on investments other than real property, net||(1,009)||(648)|
|(Gain) loss on extinguishment of debt, net||(10,790)||3,698|
|Debt modification costs||916||–|
|(Gain) loss on extinguishment of debt on discontinued operations||–||(18,861)|
|Property acquisition costs||544||410|
|Funds from operations, as adjusted for comparability||$||42,002||$||40,859|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV