ANAHEIM, Calif., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At an awards ceremony on February 12th in conjunction with the Pacific Design & Manufacturing and Medical Device and Manufacturing (MD&M), UBM Canon announced the winners of the Design News Annual Golden Mousetrap awards competition, which honors innovation in the development of new products in automation, electronics, materials, and design tools. Design News is the premier technical resource for design engineers throughout the manufacturing sector. This annual awards program has been in place since 2003.
"We saw exceptional submissions of cutting-edge design ideas for design engineers submitted to the program this year," said Jennifer Campbell, Executive Editor, Design News, UBM Canon. "It was a challenge for us to select one winner in each category. We congratulate the winners on their innovations and their achievement."
The Golden Mousetrap Awards feature four returning categories plus one new category that recognizes the changing landscape of the design engineering industry."We are delighted to be named one of the winners of the prestigious Golden Mousetrap Award," said Mr Jay McKenna, Global Business Manager of PennEngineering "With an innovative engineering team combining R&D, industrial design, and logistics, we are proud to be playing a leading role in driving the Material and assembly category." The Golden Mousetrap Awards winners include: Electronics & Test
- Components, Hardware & Interconnects - Analog Devices
- Embedded Computing/Processing - Logic PD
- Analog/Power Management/Control – Vishay Intertechnology
- Test & Measurement - Tektronix
- Wireless Components - Nordic Semiconductor
- Controllers - Siemens Industry Inc.
- Drives - ADVANCED Motion Controls
- Fluid Power Technologies - Bosch Rexroth
- Industrial Network Technologies (e.g., I/O, Ethernet, Wireless) - B&B Electronics
- Motors and Mechanical Motion Devices - Lenze Americas
- Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices - Analog Devices Inc.
- Analysis and Calculation Software - Texas Instruments
- CAD /PDM/PLM Software - Infinite Z Inc.
- Peripherals (e.g., 3D mice, monitors, haptic devices, virtual reality add-ons) - 3Dconnexion
- Engineering Plastics - SABIC's Innovative Plastics Business
- Fastening, Joining and Assembly Components - PennEngineering
- Materials Processing - Nordson EFD
- Rapid Prototyping Materials, Tools and Services - Stratasys
- Electronics - Renesas Electronics America
- Mechanical - SABIC's Innovative Plastics Business