Review and Outlook
Cris Gaut, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Forum, remarked, "Forum had a successful year during 2012. We delivered record annual revenue with each of our six product lines increasing revenue. We completed our IPO and concurrent private placement in April 2012, and closed four acquisitions in the fourth quarter 2012.
"We are not satisfied, however, with our performance during the fourth quarter 2012. A significant factor was the declining U.S. rig count during the period. The latter part of the fourth quarter was particularly challenging as customers significantly reduced spending on consumable products and delayed delivery of capital equipment orders. As a result, we had manufacturing inefficiencies and under absorbed costs, which depressed margins.
"In 2013, we anticipate sequential quarterly revenue and margin improvement in both of our segments, as most of our product lines are seeing improved demand. Our Drilling product line, however, is expected to face continued demand softness until the North America rig count improves. Forum expects diluted earnings per share for the full year 2013 of $1.80 to $1.90, and the first quarter 2013 of $0.31 to $0.35."We are pleased to welcome the employees of Dynacon, Inc. and Merrimac Manufacturing, Inc., our two most recent acquisitions, to Forum." Recent Acquisitions
- Dynacon, the leading provider of launch and recovery systems used for deployment of remotely operated vehicles and high quality, specialized cable and umbilical handling equipment for all segments of the marine industry.
- Merrimac, a manufacturer of premium consumable parts for drilling, well servicing and pressure pumping applications, including mud pump parts, power swivel parts and valves and seats for hydraulic fracturing pumps.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV