Dublin Is Ready For Some "SeriousFun"
SAN DIEGO and DUBLIN, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SeriousFun Children's Network, a global community of camps and programs for children and families and Competitor Group, Inc. (CGI), organizers of the Rock 'n' Roll Dublin Half Marathon, today announced that SeriousFun Children's Network will become the official charity, with Team SeriousFun becoming the official training and fundraising program for the inaugural event on Monday, 5 August, 2013.
Team SeriousFun is the new endurance training and fundraising program for SeriousFun Children's Network founded by Paul Newman. In Ireland, Barretstown is part of the SeriousFun Children's Network, a growing global community of independently managed and financed camps and partnership programs serving children and families living with serious illness. Housed in a fairy tale castle just outside of Dublin, Barretstown welcomes children with serious illness from Ireland and more than 22 European countries.
"We are very excited to have race participants, volunteers and staff coming together in Dublin to support children with serious illnesses," said John C. Read, President and CEO, SeriousFun Children's Network. "We have high hopes for our partnership with Competitor Group and are especially grateful to those who will support us by supporting Rock 'n' Roll Dublin ½ Marathon participants."
The Rock 'n' Roll Dublin Half Marathon is part of an international series of musically themed marathons and half-marathons, which uniquely combine entertainment with a scenic 13.1-mile road course. The musically themed running event is expected to attract thousands of runners to the Irish Capital, with live band performances at every mile along the route in addition to cheerleaders encouraging runners, hemmed water stations and a finish line concert headlined by a major act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV