2013 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited
Average selling price: $25,973
That savings looks like a cost-of-living increase compared with most manufacturer discounts, but you have to understand that this is Subaru. They don't do sales, they don't do discounts and they certainly wouldn't deign to break out the streamers and bunting for Presidents Day.
That's especially true of the Forester crossover SUV. A 10-year-old Forester still has more than 25% of its original value. Even though the newer models lack the boxy wagon look of their predecessors, they're still the all-wheel-drive vehicle of choice for Bohemian Bourgeois parents trying to balance shuttle runs to lacrosse practice with trips to Whole Foods (WFM) or Trader Joe's. Those combined 24 miles per gallon aren't great and its interior features are starting to lag behind the Honda (HMC) CR-V and (gasp!) Ford (F) Escape, Subaru's added Bluetooth connectivity to all its models and beefed up the options on its pricier trims.The Limited, for example, comes with rear privacy glass, roof rails, a panoramic sunroof, an eight-way power driver seat, a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel and a reclining rear seat, heated front seats, heated mirrors, a windshield wiper de-icer, fog lamps and a touchscreen audio system. Throw in automatic climate control, leather upholstery, a tray for its 68.3-cubic-foot cargo area, a rearview camera and a six-speaker sound system with Apple (AAPL) iTunes tagging capability, and you're looking at the pride of the prep school parking lot.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV