TORONTO, Feb. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation (TSX:AI) will be paying its regular monthly dividend of $0.066667 per share on March 27, 2013 to shareholders of record February 28, 2013. Atrium's regular monthly dividend is paid at an annual rate of $0.80 per share. In addition, a special dividend will be paid on March 21, 2013 to shareholders of record December 31, 2012, the amount to be announced when Atrium reports its results for the year ended December 31, 2012 on February 21, 2013.
Atrium is a Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) as defined in Section 130.1(6) of the Canada Income Tax Act (ITA). Accordingly, the company is not taxed on income provided that its taxable income is paid to its shareholders in the form of dividends within 90 days after December 31 each year. Such dividends are generally treated by shareholders as interest income, so that each shareholder is in the same position as if the mortgage investments made by the company had been made directly by the shareholder. For further information, please refer to Atrium's short form prospectus dated November 22, 2012 available at www.sedar.com .
About AtriumAs a Mortgage Investment Corporation, Atrium is a non-bank provider of residential and commercial real estate finance. Atrium lends primarily in major urban centres in Canada where the stability and liquidity of real estate are at the highest levels. Canadian Mortgage Capital Corporation (CMCC) is responsible for originating, underwriting, servicing and syndicating Atrium's mortgage loans. CMCC has been Atrium's exclusive manager since its formation and has grown Atrium's business to a mortgage portfolio of approximately $200 million as at December 31, 2012. CMCC has been in the business of originating and underwriting mortgage loans for over 19 years and servicing mortgage loans for over 13 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV