RoofScreen Mfg. Offers AIA Continuing Education
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RoofScreen Manufacturing, Inc. has become an approved Provider with the American Institute of Architects' (AIA) Continuing Education System (CES). The initial course offering will include a one hour session titled, "An Introduction to Rooftop Screen Wall Enclosures and Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Racking." It qualifies for one (1) CES Learning Unit (LU) which also qualifies as a Health, Safety and Welfare (HSW) topic.
AIA architect members are required to complete 18 LU hours of continuing education per year for membership renewal and 12 hours must be on HSW topics. RoofScreen is currently classified as a Basic Provider offering courses in the Southwest region of the U.S.
The current course is offered by Linda Savoie, RoofScreen's Regional Manager for southern California. Ms. Savoie has conducted more than 400 AIA courses for building products manufacturers over the past seven years. She has more than 15 years' experience in developing curriculum and presenting to small and large audiences.
"Educating architects on the pros and cons of various screen wall attachments as well as proper PV and thermal racking is critical," said Savoie. "Above-roof attachments that are leak free, meet wind load criteria and backed by a 20-year warranty increase the value of a building to its owner. We help to educate architects on how this can be achieved."The course covers:
- Proper screen walling on commercial buildings to conceal roof top units (RTU's);
- The Penetration Myth versus the reality of proper screen and solar attachments with a comparison of conventional construction versus modular pre-fab alternatives;
- Basic building code requirements including the International Building Code (IBC), California Building Code (CBC), National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), and the state of California's Division of the State Architect (DSA) and Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (OSHPD); and
- The Structural Engineering requirements for leak free and stable designs of roof screens and solar racking, including the review of building occupancy, earthquake and impact loads, and wind exposure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV