This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Consorzio Di Tutela Del Carignano Del Sulcis DOC Presents "Sardinian Passion" In New York On February 14, 2013

NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Consorzio di Tutela del Carignano del Sulcis DOC held a successful event in the United States today, with a seminar and lunch at Italian food mecca Eataly in New York City. Dan Amatuzzi, the Wine Director at Eataly hosted the seminar, which was attended by local wine experts, and importers. The event showcased wines by five producers, Cantina Santadi, Cantina Calasetta, Cantina Sardus Pater, Mesa Cantina Vitivinicola and 6Mura. Each winery also received the coveted " Tre Bicchieri" award for their wines this year and will be part of the " Tre Bicchieri" tasting on Friday at the Metropolitan Pavilion.

(Logo: )

Antonio Pilloni, President of the Consorzio and President of Cantina Santadi said, "We are convinced that Carignano del Sulcis is a great wine for the U.S. market and are very pleased to be in New York to show our wines and to promote our beautiful region."

"We choose to promote the area now because of renewed interest in indigenous varieties, southern regions and wines with a good price/quality ratio," Pilloni added.

Carignano del Sulcis comes from a remote part of Sardinia, the second largest island in the Mediterranean. Carignano grows very well in this extreme area despite the strong wind and hot sun. It is an interesting variety because it remains an ungrafted one that grows on sandy soils. Carignano in this region is bush trained and a large number of the grape vines are over 50 years old. All of these factors are part of what make this particular grape a perfect match for this unique terroir.

About the Consorzio di Tutela del Carignano del Sulcis DOC

The Consorzio di Tutela del Carignano del Sulcis was founded in 1977. Carignano del Sulcis must be made with 85% Carignano grapes. The remaining 15% can be other indigenous varieties and some international ones as well. The first winery to produce Carignano del Sulcis was Calsasetta, founded in 1932. Another important date was the creation of Cantina Santadi in 1960. The world famous enologist, Giacomo Tachis, has been a great friend and supporter of this area of Sardinia. He is widely credited with having put Carignano del Sulcis on the map.

Media Contact:

Susannah GoldVigneto Communications USA Cell: +1.917.207.5375ITA Cell: +39.347.97.355


1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $93.24 0.00%
FB $117.81 0.00%
GOOG $701.43 0.00%
TSLA $211.53 0.00%
YHOO $36.94 0.00%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,660.71 +9.45 0.05%
S&P 500 2,050.63 -0.49 -0.02%
NASDAQ 4,717.0940 -8.5450 -0.18%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs