Fort Dearborn Income Securities, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE: FDI), a closed-end management investment company seeking a stable stream of current income consistent with external interest rate conditions and a total return over time that is above what shareholders could receive by investing individually in the investment grade and long-term maturity sectors of the bond market, today announced its performance for the fiscal first quarter and fiscal year-to-date ended December 31, 2012.
For the fiscal first quarter ended December 31, 2012, the Fund's earnings from net investment income were $1,408,089, equal to $0.16 per share. During this period, the Fund paid distributions from net investment income and retained earnings of $1,535,741, equal to $0.175 per share; short-term capital gains distributions of $3,387,407, equal to $0.386 per share and long-term capital gains distributions of $3,834,966, equal to $0.437 per share. Total net realized and unrealized gains from investment activities were $838,993, equal to $0.10 per share, for the same period. This compares to earnings from net investment income of $1,490,003, equal to $0.17 per share; distributions paid from net investment income and retained earnings of $1,667,376, equal to $0.19 per share; short-term capital gains distributions of $2,966,175, equal to $0.338 per share and long-term capital gains distributions of $3,317,201, equal to $0.378 per share; and total net realized and unrealized gains from investment activities of $1,567,674, were equal to $0.18 per share, for the fiscal first quarter ended December 31, 2011.
On December 31, 2012, total net assets of the Fund were $150,280,054. The net asset value per share was $17.12, based on 8,775,665 shares outstanding, which represents an increase of 2.33% from the net asset value per share of $16.73 ($146,801,478 attributable to 8,775,665 shares outstanding) on December 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV