BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Macro S.A. (NYSE: BMA; BCBA: BMA) ("Banco Macro" or "BMA" or the "Bank") announced today its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012 ("4Q12"). All figures are in Argentine pesos (Ps.) and have been prepared in accordance with Argentine GAAP.
- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.425.8 million in 4Q12. This result was 3% higher than the Ps.411.9 million reported in the third quarter of 2012 ("3Q12") and 23% higher than the Ps.346.4 million posted in the fourth quarter of 2011 ("4Q11"). In 4Q12, the annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 27.8% and 3.5%, respectively.
- In 4Q12, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 9% or Ps.2.7 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.31.9 billion. Commercial loans showed better performance than consumer loans. Among commercial loans, pledge and mortgages loans (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage and pledge guarantees respectively, according to Communication "A" 5319 of BCRA) , grew 45% and 34% QoQ, respectively. Credit cards and personal loans rose 20% and 5% QoQ, respectively.
- In 4Q12, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 4% QoQ, totaling Ps.36.2 billion and representing 86% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 5% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.2.1 billion (19% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 31.7% of its total deposits in 4Q12.
- In 4Q12, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.78% and the coverage ratio reached 154.52%.
4Q12 Earnings Release Conference Call
Friday, February 15, 2013 Time: 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time | 1:00 p.m. Buenos Aires TimeTo participate, please dial:Argentine Participants: (0800) 333 0511U.S. Participants: +1 (888) 772 8167 Participants from outside the U.S.: +1 (779) 232 1760