- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.425.8 million in 4Q12. This result was 3% higher than the Ps.411.9 million reported in the third quarter of 2012 ("3Q12") and 23% higher than the Ps.346.4 million posted in the fourth quarter of 2011 ("4Q11"). In 4Q12, the annualized return on average equity ("ROAE") and the annualized return on average assets ("ROAA") were 27.8% and 3.5%, respectively.
- In 4Q12, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 9% or Ps.2.7 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.31.9 billion. Commercial loans showed better performance than consumer loans. Among commercial loans, pledge and mortgages loans (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage and pledge guarantees respectively, according to Communication "A" 5319 of BCRA) , grew 45% and 34% QoQ, respectively. Credit cards and personal loans rose 20% and 5% QoQ, respectively.
- In 4Q12, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 4% QoQ, totaling Ps.36.2 billion and representing 86% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 5% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.2.1 billion (19% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 31.7% of its total deposits in 4Q12.
- In 4Q12, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.78% and the coverage ratio reached 154.52%.
Banco Macro Announces Results For The Fourth Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.