KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced it was awarded a contract by Samsung Engineering Company, Ltd. to provide a technology license, basic engineering design package, and supply of proprietary equipment for a 1,200 MTPD ammonia fertilizer plant in Carrasco, Bolivia.
The fertilizer ammonia complex will be designed using KBR’s Purifier Technology. KBR will additionally supply proprietary operator training simulators and a steam dynamic simulation study to ensure a safe, fast, efficient startup of the ammonia plant and continued support to the operations. This project is part of the Bolivian government’s strategic initiatives for monetization of natural gas and demand for urea in the region, with production operations expected to begin in mid-2015.
“We look forward to working with Samsung Engineering on this project which contributes to both strategic initiatives and overall development of the country of Bolivia,” said John Derbyshire, President, KBR Technology. “This award represents an opportunity to further expand KBR’s footprint in the Latin American market.”
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV