Plunge Saturday In Freezing Lake Lanier For Special Olympics Georgia Athletes
ATLANTA, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- It won't be this chilly for long, so don't miss one of your last chances of the season to "bear" the cold waters in 40-degree weather Saturday at LanierWorld at Sunset Cove. The fourth annual event, called the Polar Plunge, benefits the athletes of Special Olympics Georgia.
The plungers bring quite the excitement to the fundraiser by dressing up in crazy costumes and celebrating the success of their fundraising in which all of the proceeds benefit Special Olympics Georgia. For those who do not love the Polar Bear habitat, areas will be set to keep you warm, such as heated areas, warm concessions and fun souvenirs.
All plungers will receive a commemorative Plunge long sleeve t-shirt and additional incentives and prizes will be given to the plungers who raise $150 and more. Registration is 11 a.m. until 1p.m. The Plunge is at 2 p.m.
For more information and to register, visit www.PolarPlungeGA.com for more information. Please join us for a wild and crazy event that is fun for the whole family!Special Olympics Georgia (SOGA) Mission Statement: SOGA provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for 24,470 children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in the sharing of gifts, skills, and friendships with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. For more information visit www.SpecialOlympicsGA.org. SOURCE Special Olympics Georgia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV