OCEANPORT, N.J., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) – CommVault's hockey team has hit the ice for its 11 th season, raising much-needed awareness and funds for a number of children's organizations and charities nationwide. For more than a decade, CommVault's Hockey Helping Kids program has brought together CommVault customers, partners, employees and their families for highly competitive hockey games, dinners and fundraisers, often held in conjunction with National Hockey League (NHL) contests.
This year's game roster is the largest to date with five more events planned; four will be featured at NHL games, and one will coincide with the NCAA Division-I Hockey East Championship game. The first game of the season took place at an American Hockey League (AHL) game in Cedar Park, TX. Platinum sponsors, including Microsoft Corp. and ShopRite Supermarkets, support each event, which includes a "JV" game, featuring customers and partners squaring off against one another, followed by a "varsity" game in which CommVault employees face off against formidable opponents. This year's varsity team opponents include Brian Leetch, former NHL Stanley Cup champion, current members of the USA Women's National Hockey team, and former USA Women's Olympic team gold medalists.
The 2013 season schedule includes the following games:
- Thursday, March 7 th—Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, NY (precedes NHL Rangers/Islanders game)
- Tuesday, March 12 th—Pepsi Center, Denver (precedes NHL Oilers/Avalanche game)
- Thursday & Friday, March 21-22, Boston Garden (NCAA Hockey East Championship)
- Tuesday, April 16 th – Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia (precedes NHL Rangers/Flyers game)
- Tuesday, April 23 rd – Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN (precedes NHL Kings/Wild game)