For the full year ended December 31, 2012, Reported FFO was $222.1 million or $1.83 per share compared to $173.3 million or $1.44 per share for 2011. Reported FFO excludes impairments of operating properties of $0.29 per share in both 2012 and 2011. Recurring FFO for 2012 was $227.7 million or $1.87 per share compared to $217.7 million or $1.81 per share for 2011. Recurring FFO excludes additional impairments of non-operating assets of $0.36 per share in 2011. The increase in Recurring FFO, consistent with the quarter, was primarily due to the Company’s acquisition, disposition and new development programs, improvements in the existing portfolio and reduced interest expense.
A reconciliation of net income to both Reported and Recurring FFO is shown on the attached financial statement page and is also shown on page 5 of the supplemental package. The Company has also introduced enhanced disclosure in the supplemental package of Net Debt to Adjusted EBITDA on page 8 and portfolio information found on pages 24-41.
Same Property NOI during the fourth quarter increased by 5.1% versus a year ago. These results are primarily driven by leases that were previously signed but commenced during the quarter. Retail occupancy increased to 93.7% in the fourth quarter from 93.0% in the same quarter of 2011. This increase was slightly muted by the early stabilization of nine new development properties during the quarter. Excluding those nine assets, retail occupancy would have been 93.9%.The Company produced solid leasing results again during the fourth quarter with 350 new leases and renewals totaling 1.1 million square feet and representing $17 million of annual revenue. The 350 transactions were comprised of 148 new leases and 202 renewals, representing annual revenues of $6.2 million and $10.8 million, respectively. The average rental rate increase on new leases and renewals signed during the quarter was a solid 7.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV