Weingarten Realty (NYSE: WRI) announced today the results of its operations for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter Operating and Financial Highlights
- Recurring Funds from Operations (“FFO”) was $0.47 per diluted share;
- Same Property Net Operating Income (“NOI”) for retail properties increased by 5.1% over the fourth quarter of the prior year which is the highest reported increase since the fourth quarter of 2005;
- Retail occupancy improved to 93.7% during the fourth quarter, up from 93.0% in the fourth quarter of last year; and
- The Board of Trust Managers increased the common dividend per share 5.2% to $0.305 per quarter or $1.22 on an annualized basis.
The Company reported net income attributable to common shareholders of $42.9 million or $0.35 per diluted share (hereinafter “per share”) for the fourth quarter of 2012, as compared to $22.2 million or $0.18 per share for the same period in 2011. For the full year 2012, the Company reported net income of $109.2 million or $0.90 per share compared to a net loss of $19.9 million or ($0.17) per share for the full year 2011. Included in net income for both 2012 and 2011 were gains on the sale of properties and partnership interests of $0.69 and $0.10 per share, respectively. Included in 2012 and 2011 were non-cash impairments of $0.29 and $0.65, respectively.For the current quarter, Reported FFO was $57.0 million or $0.46 per share compared to $58.1 million or $0.48 per share for 2011. Reported FFO for 2011 excludes impairments of operating properties of $0.02 per share. Recurring FFO for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $0.47 per share or $58.6 million. For the same quarter last year, Recurring FFO was $0.48 per share or $58.5 million. This decrease in Recurring FFO per share over the prior year was primarily due to the sale of $706.7 million of non-core assets during the year, offset by the Company’s acquisition and new development programs, increased operating income from the existing portfolio and reduced interest expense due to favorable refinancing transactions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV