According to Mosby, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo (WFC) and Winston-Salem, N.C.-based BB&T (BBT) "could continue to exceed the market expectations for earnings through 2014 by 10% or more. Moreover, we expect each to increase their dividend, following this year's CCAR process, enough to create a dividend yield on their respective current stock prices of greater than 3%."
CCAR stands for Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review, which is the tedious regulatory term for the Federal Reserve's annual stress test of the nation's largest financial firms. The Federal Reserve is scheduled to release the stress test results on March 14, and investors can be sure to see many big banks announce dividend increases and/or share buybacks the same day.
Mosby estimates that JPMorgan Chase will increase its quarterly payout by $0.10 to $0.40 a share, while Wells Fargo will raise its quarterly dividend to $0.30 from $0.25, with BB&T raising its dividend to $0.25 from $0.23.
Guggenheim's price target for JPMorgan Chase is based on multiples of 10.5 times the firm's 2013 EPS estimate for the bank, and on 1.4 times estimated year-end tangible book value.JPM data by YCharts
Interested in more on JPMorgan Chase? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV