According to Mosby, JPMorgan, Wells Fargo (WFC) and Winston-Salem, N.C.-based BB&T (BBT) "could continue to exceed the market expectations for earnings through 2014 by 10% or more. Moreover, we expect each to increase their dividend, following this year's CCAR process, enough to create a dividend yield on their respective current stock prices of greater than 3%."
CCAR stands for Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review, which is the tedious regulatory term for the Federal Reserve's annual stress test of the nation's largest financial firms. The Federal Reserve is scheduled to release the stress test results on March 14, and investors can be sure to see many big banks announce dividend increases and/or share buybacks the same day.
Mosby estimates that JPMorgan Chase will increase its quarterly payout by $0.10 to $0.40 a share, while Wells Fargo will raise its quarterly dividend to $0.30 from $0.25, with BB&T raising its dividend to $0.25 from $0.23.
Guggenheim's price target for JPMorgan Chase is based on multiples of 10.5 times the firm's 2013 EPS estimate for the bank, and on 1.4 times estimated year-end tangible book value.JPM data by YCharts
Interested in more on JPMorgan Chase? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV