On Assignment, Inc. (NYSE: ASGN), a leading global provider of diversified professional staffing solutions, today reported results for the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Revenues were $401.7 million and above the high-end of the previously-announced estimates.
- Revenues were up 3.4 percent sequentially (1.6 percent excluding Nurse Travel). This was achieved despite approximately $1.2 million in lost revenues from Hurricane Sandy and 1.5 fewer billable days in the quarter.
- Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP measurement defined below) was $44.3 million, up 150.3 percent year-over-year.
- Effective tax rate was 45.4 percent for the quarter and 43.1 percent for the full year. The rate for Q4 included the effects of higher than expected non-deductible expenses related to Apex Systems.
- Net Income was $11.3 million ($0.21 per diluted share) compared with $7.5 million ($0.20 per diluted share) in the fourth quarter of 2011 and $17.4 million ($0.33 per diluted share) in the third quarter of 2012.
- Net Income (before the $8.4 million increase in amortization expense of intangible assets) was $16.4 million ($0.31 per diluted share). In Q4, the valuation of the identifiable intangible assets and amortization methods were finalized for Apex Systems resulting in an $8.4 million retrospective increase in amortization of which $5.0 million related to prior quarters.
- Leverage ratio (total indebtedness to trailing twelve months Adjusted EBITDA) was 2.73 to 1 compared with 3.79 to 1 as of May 15, 2012, the effective date of the acquisition of Apex Systems.
Commenting on the results, Peter Dameris, President and Chief Executive Officer of On Assignment, Inc., said, “During the fourth quarter, we achieved many milestones that we believe position us well for a strong performance in 2013. These achievements include exceeding the high-end of our Q4 estimates and reporting sequential growth despite approximately one and a half fewer billable days and the effects on our business of Hurricane Sandy. We also continued to pay down our debt and reduce our leverage ratio.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV