Ellie Mae ® (NYSE: ELLI), a leading provider of on-demand, enterprise level automation solutions for the residential mortgage industry, today reported results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 60% to $29.9 million, compared to $18.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $4.0 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.8 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
On a non-GAAP basis, adjusted net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $7.6 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, compared to $2.8 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011. Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $10.3 million, compared to $3.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2011.
Total revenue for the full year 2012 increased 84% to $101.8 million, compared to $55.5 million in 2011. Net income for the full year 2012 was $19.5 million, or $0.76 per diluted share, compared to net income of $3.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in 2011.On a non-GAAP basis, adjusted net income for the full year 2012 was $27.9 million, or $1.09 per diluted share, compared to $4.9 million, or $0.24 per diluted share, in 2011. Adjusted EBITDA in 2012 was $32.8 million, compared to $6.6 million in 2011. A reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures to their related GAAP financial measures is set forth below. Key Operating Metrics as of and for the quarter ended December 31, 2012:
- On-demand revenue increased 70% year over year to $26.6 million, comprising approximately 89% of total revenues for the quarter;
- The total number of users actively using the company’s Encompass ® enterprise solution (“active Encompass users”) increased 37% year over year to 73,687;
- Revenue per average active Encompass user increased 17% year over year to $414;
- As of the end of the fourth quarter, the number of users of the SaaS version of Encompass increased 71% year over year to 41,458, or 56% of all active Encompass users; and
- Total SaaS Encompass revenues increased 106% year over year to $15.4 million or 52% of total revenue for the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV