MILWAUKEE, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Harley-Davidson's (NYSE:HOG) charitable giving topped $4.5 million in 2012, highlighted by a $200,000 grant to Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity for its Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative focused on the Washington Park area. The grant will help fund neighborhood improvements through an expanded array of housing projects.
"Our mission at The Harley-Davidson Foundation is to help meet the needs of the communities where we work," said Tonit Calaway, Foundation President and Harley-Davidson's Vice President of Human Resources. "With the Washington Park neighborhood in our corporate office's backyard, supporting the important and necessary work of Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity is truly neighbors helping neighbors."
Work on the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative will begin this spring.
Additionally, the company contributed more than $4 million in grants and merchandise in 2012 to organizations focused on education, health or the environment. Among the recipients:
- Milwaukee-based New Threads of Hope received more than $1 million in discontinued apparel and accessories to be distributed among various agencies throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee received $284,000 toward its outreach and support programs.
- As part of a four-year, $1 million grant, Disabled American Veterans received $250,000 to help support Harley's Heroes, a program to help veterans secure their military benefits.
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Harley-Davidson's Pink Label Collection of apparel and accessories goes to breast cancer organizations, totaling nearly $200,000 in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV