While the outlook for the ratings of Allstate New Jersey is stable, the ratings could be downgraded if underwriting performance and/or capital levels fall materially short of A.M. Best’s expectations.
The FSR of A- (Excellent) and ICRs of “a-” have been affirmed for the following members of Allstate New Jersey Insurance Group:
• Allstate New Jersey Insurance Company
• Allstate New Jersey Property and Casualty Insurance Company
• Encompass Insurance Company of New Jersey
• Encompass Property and Casualty Insurance Company of New Jersey
• Esurance Insurance Company of New Jersey
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Key criteria utilized include: “Risk Management and the Rating Process for Insurance Companies”; “Understanding BCAR for Property/Casualty Insurers”; “Catastrophe Analysis in A.M. Best Ratings”; and “Rating Members of Insurance Groups.” Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.
Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.Copyright © 2013 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts