Audi Canada Launches TDI Models, SQ5, RS7 And R8 At Canadian International Autoshow
- Product offensive continues with new additions SQ5 and RS7
- TDI options now available across product portfolio
- Revised R8 now features S-tronic
AJAX, ON, Feb. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - For 2013 the Audi lineup will grow with a number of new additions to the portfolio. Few models will have more presence than the new 2014 SQ5, RS7 and R8 which will make their Canadian debut today at the CIAS.
Audi will also be adding 4 new TDI clean diesel models to the line-up: A6, A7, A8 and Q5. The addition of these four models to the updated Q7 TDI model means we will be offering Canadian consumers a full range of TDI options. Each TDI vehicle delivers up to 30% better fuel economy and 30% lower carbon dioxide emissions than gasoline engines. All will be powered by our 3.0l TDI with 240hp and 407lbsft of torque. We will start delivery of the A8 TDI this spring and the other models will arrive in dealerships late summer.
SQ5 Powered by a 3.0l TFSI supercharged V6, the new SQ5 embodies "Vorsprung durch technik": Our DNA, Sporty, Sophisticated and Progressive. The engine produces 354hp and 347 lbs-ft of torque resulting in a sprint from zero to 100 km/h that takes just 5.3 seconds - the best in its class. Top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h. An eight-speed tiptronic and quattro permanent all-wheel drive with torque vectoring transfers the power of the SQ5 firmly to the road. The fast-shifting automatic transmission offers two modes, and the driver can also switch gears manually via the standard shift paddles on the steering wheel. As you would expect with an S model from Audi, the suspension is set firm for direct feedback and sporty handling. 20-inch wheels are standard and we offer 21 inch wheels as an option. Of course the SQ5 has all the visual cues of an S model: SQ5 badge on the brake calipers, platinum grey radiator grill, distinctive bumper design, roof spoiler and four exhaust pipes that demonstrate the sportiness of this model. The SQ5 comes standard with electromechanical steering and optional with Audi drive select that allows the driver to switch between several driving modes. The new Audi SQ5 will be in dealerships this Fall.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV