GE Lighting’s (NYSE: GE) Evolve™ LED Scalable Cobrahead fixture has earned a Best-in-Class designation in the “Roadway Lighting” category in the 2012 Next Generation Luminaires™ (NGL) Solid-State Lighting Design Competition. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, and the International Association of Lighting Designers, the NGL awards were created to recognize excellence in energy-efficient LED commercial lighting unit design.
The Evolve™ LED Scalable Cobrahead fixture, a product of GE ecomagination℠, was among just four products that received a Best-in-Class designation, standing out significantly above other entries in its category. These winners came from four different manufacturers and covered four categories of outdoor lighting.
Also receiving formal 2012 NGL awards recognition were GE’s Evolve™ LED Contemporary Conical Post Top, noted for its uniformity and glare control, and the Evolve™ LED Modular Area Light, commended for its light distribution and color quality.
GE Lighting products have captured three Best-in-Class distinctions and nine award recognitions since the NGL competition began in 2008 (no competition was held in 2011). In addition, Albeo Technologies Inc., acquired by GE Lighting last fall, earned Best-in-Class in last year’s Indoor category for its H-Series High Bay LED fixture. Albeo’s energy-efficient High Bay LED lighting solutions also were recognized in 2008 and 2009.“The goal here is to recognize products that are not only attractive, but that are also energy efficient and deliver good lighting quality,” said DOE Solid-State Lighting Program Manager Jim Brodrick. “It reminds me of football, where the most effective quarterbacks aren’t just good passers — they can also run well and see the whole field.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV